Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Birthday Excitement for July 4th!

I wrote this post last year on Thursday, July 3 2008...

Birthday Excitement

Today is 3 July. Tomorrow I would be 28 years old. Of course it will only happen if I live to see it happen. So I consider it God’s grace that I am alive to step into my new year. I think, by the normal worldly standards, I am supposed to be excited and anxious about tomorrow. But am I really excited? What if I am not? And if so, then what is it that is keeping me away from this so-called excitement? - Birthday Excitement…

Recurring Activity

Maybe I have already been through this process all my life and I now consider it a too normal kind of activity. Yes it happens only once a year but the truth is that I am so used to it which is why I now keep thinking as to what exactly is it about my birthday that I should be excited about? Yes, I am happy that I’m alive to see it again (thank God!), the greetings and gifts I receive are very touching and there is a special joy I feel deep down inside of which I can sense every year. But I want to find out about that excitement which I am supposed to feel. Is this excitement only for the fact that it is my ‘Birthday’ or for the fact that there is some kind of purpose in my life the reason being that I am still alive for one more year?

Complex excitement

Complicated, isn’t it?....Well, this is just what I am trying to point out- at least for myself….how complicated is it going to be for me if I want to figure out the fact behind why does this Birthday Excitement exist? Am I so important that I am supposed to be excited only because its my birthday just like everyone else in this world or should I be excited for both-the fact that its my birthday and also because I now know that there is also a purpose behind my existence in this world which is more important than the ‘Birthday’ part?

Me, My Life and My Purpose in My Life!

Whatever, I now realize that I may be important to a certain level. I have purpose in my life. The truth that I believe now is that it is not me or my Birthday alone which is so important but even the purpose behind which my life revolves around me. So these three make a team- Me, My Life and My Purpose in My Life!

Though I understand myself and my life, I still may not have fully understood my Purpose in my life. Maybe I am to get a good education, find a good job, engage in some business, make some money, find a wife and settle down somewhere. Or perhaps I am to earn some money and share some of it with those who are not able to afford a one time meal, or build shelter for the homeless, or share new clothes with those who are naked, or love and respect every human being, care whole heartedly for my parents & family who had taken care of me till I was on my feet and now require my help in turn, or I should be a good & helpful neighbor to my grouchy but lost neighbor, or I can put the trash in the appropriate recycling bins and waste lesser water thereby being an example for others to stop contributing to Global Warming.

Everything?

Or maybe my purpose is to give importance to all of these rather than only giving importance to ‘My Birthday’. Hmmm……maybe I should ask my Creator as to why would I be given a chance to celebrate my birthday and what is that special joy I feel deep down inside of me on that auspicious day. Could it be that that special joy will come out of me once I start walking in my Purpose?...God?.....

I have decided not just to ask God and wait for an answer. But I will ask while simultaneously trying to walk in my Purpose for my life. Now I'm getting excited....This is going to be something different in my life....Birthday Excitement!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment