Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

That Special Leaf- It's the Autumn Fall in Ireland!

That Special Leaf- It's the Autumn Fall in Ireland!
You know, it's October now. My wife and I went to Carlow yesterday. Carlow is a county in Ireland and it's a bigger town from where we live, Baltinglass which is in Co. Wicklow. My wife was driving (as I'm only still learning to drive...) and while returning from the half an hour journey, she told me to look at the leaves of the trees on either side of the road.

I looked...

..."Yea, so what about it?"

My wife replied:

" See how the colour of the leaves are turning red and are slowly falling from the trees. It's the beginning of Autumn".

Yellow, Red and Brown- The Autumn Fall

The Autumn fall! Yes folks, for those of you who haven't noticed, you can see it now right outside your window, on the streets and in your garden. I didn't notice it because I'm new to this Season. I have been in Ireland for 6 months now. Previously I was in Kerala, India where it's rain, rain and even more rain accompanied by humidity and sweaty memories. The place is good mind you. Kerala is my hometown and there's really no place in the world to which it can be compared to. Anyway, back here now, I have been seeing these trees for the past 6 months but I really didn't wonder about the recent changes until she asked me to notice them. And I thank God I have now experienced the Fall season. So if you are a student or if you are also someone who is new to the 'Yellow, Red and Brown' season, then don't keep wondering what is happening around you because this is the Autumn season- one of the four seasons of the year- Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. I'm now wondering....isn't it wonderful how God has made these seasons in an exact order and timeline...wow!........

"The heavens declare the glory of God; The skies proclaim the work of His hands." (Psalm 19:1)

O! That Special Leaf...

I remember learning about the 4 seasons in school but this is the first time I'm experiencing it. In fact while we went out walking with a friend of ours, who hails from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, he picked up a red leaf which had fallen to the ground, admired it's look which really had some artistic patterns designed in the various shades of red, and said that he's gonna keep it in a book and preserve it. Amazing! What power the fallen Autumn leaf has produced! Of course our friend is a person who is talented in making excellent crafts, so he may use the leaf in any of his crafts like a Christmas card or a Collage or something like that. But whatever it is, that particular leaf certainly had it's worth! While this month celebrates the Halloween festival in these parts of the world, here is one ordinary little leaf who lost his green shine, fallen sick with yellow, turned heel with red and finally left his partner tree and swayed right on to the ground where we humans trod upon, the vehicles zoom past by and the wind storms away it's victims, only to be picked up and feathered with joy, warmth and honur. O! That special leaf...The fallen Autumn Leaf!

Winter- the Unavoidable Guest!!

Well, last month you could see that the leaves had turned yellow. This month it's turning red and is slowly falling off the trees. Next month is Autumn at it's best. By December, the leaves would all desert their friends who supported them the entire year- the trees themselves, thus making the entry for Autumn's successor, a new season called 'Winter'- the unavoidable guest who just won't resist tempation and freeze you with his ice cold breath and the chilly shivers that he sends down your spine.

8 comments:

  1. man i have to hand it to you...whatever the subject...you can relate it to religion in a blink of an eye :-)

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....I couldn't help mentioning the truth dude....it's really from my heart...I was so impressed when I experienced it that praise for God just wouldn't remain in me....it had to come out...haha...Praise God dude!... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. da how came there isn't a photo of 'the amazing autumn leaf'?? Thought there'd be hundreds of photos with that fancy camera of yours !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...dude...actually I wanted to add the pic of a red leaf but I haven't yet taken a pic which I felt is good enough....that's why it's being delayed...don't worry, will surely let u know once the pic is ready... heh heh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha....the final battle Mr. Sanjoy...!!.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gee........talk bout vain !!! why do you have SSJ all over the photos ??? :p
    Hey in btwn ....will be going to tvm later for exams and guess what ... you wont be there this time ....:/...times changin

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha...dude, watermarking is required for royalty purposes on all images to avoid copyright issues!!...heh heh...dei, mail me yr mob number ok... Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete