Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm new at Twitter! Twitter is fun, quick & informative with lots of friends who twitters! But what exactly is Twitter all about?

I'm new at Twitter! Twitter is fun, quick & informative with lots of friends who twitters! But what exactly is Twitter all about ?

The reason I joined Orkut, Facebook, Twitter, Hi-5 and LinkedIn!

The 'About Us' section in 'Twitter' says that "Twitter has grown into a real-time short messaging service that works over multiple networks and devices." I have accounts in some social networking sites like 'Orkut', 'Facebook' and 'HI-5'. I also have an account in the professional networking site 'LinkedIn'. And I like all these sites which I have joined. It not only helps me by being my online safety deposit locker where I can treasure all my friends, but it also helps me to come in contact with all those who once disappeared at some stage or the other in my life, see everyone whenever my heart feels like seeing them even though they are oceans away, and makes sure that everyone who once come in my Friend's List do not disappear again no matter which part of the world they migrate to, whether or not they forget or remember to call you up and pass you the information! Even an absence of regular scraps or messages in this fast-running busily scheduled life of ours really does not matter as long as you know they are in that online safety depost locker of yours!!!

My Introduction to Twitter! It definitely is worth everything for the difference it is!!!

The first social networking site I joined was Hi-5 which one of my childhood friend from Bahrain had introduced me to. One of my collegues in the web stock photography company that I worked for had introduced me to Orkut. The reason I joined Facebook is because most of my friends in Dubai suddenly said that Orkut is banned there and so they joined Facebook. But all these sites are really fun and most importantly these have helped me to get back in touch with almost all my old and long lost friends especially my childhood friends who studied with me in 'Indian School, Bahrain' (at Isa Town, Bahrain). I thank God for blessing people with skills to use technology for these kind of purposes. Now, my friend Sanjoy, who is a film critic and automobile journalist, urged me to join Twitter, which I did thinking that here is another networking site like the ones I joined earlier and this too will build my online relationship with my friends. But this is where I realised that Twitter is not just another social networking site. It definitely is worth everything for the difference it is!!!

Can you SMS with 140 word limit?...Tweet me!

Okay, maybe it does not let me have all the
snaps and videos in front of me at one time. But this is where it differs! I know I can easily see all my friends' snaps and videos in Orkut and Facebook, and so I don't need Twitter for that purpose. But the fact that you get to tweet within only 140 words is a different quality altogether. Not only does this help in sending quick SMS-like messages, but with tiny url's working at your favour, you still have everything at your fingertips by just clicking on the links that are sent to you. Yes, safety is a matter to be considered, but then like I said, I am new at Twitter and so I still have a lot to learn about it.

Simple and Stress-Free......Twitter the Philosopher!

But for the moment, I am enjoying what I'm able to do in Twitter-
twittering!! These tweets may be too short to be messaged out, but when you read them, they still make you laugh, they show how your friend has suddenly become a philosopher because he challenged himself to bring out his best out of the limited 140 character space and sometimes you actually find yourself reading the daily news headlines and other important topics which you otherwise used to ignore.

Happy Tweeting, Twitters!!! :)
http://twitter.com/Sumod_Sunny

"By the way, I just realised that this is my 50th post in Blogspot! Heh, Praise God!! I'm very happy... :) "

No comments:

Post a Comment