Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

DREADED DENTIST DRILL to be replaced by futuristic space-age device “PLASMA JET”!!!

DREADED DENTIST DRILL to be replaced by futuristic space-age device “PLASMA JET”!!!

My first visit to the Dentist for cleaning and filling up – HE USED THE DRILL!!!

"I felt my veins vibrating from head to foot. Or I can even say from my toe nails to my skull and brain!!!"

I still remember my visit to the Dentist back in Cochin. A small dental clinic in Vytilla Junction, Ernakulam, it had a Dental Surgeon and a junior lady Dentist. There was some cleaning up and filling to do. And the sound of that drill still lingers in me. I felt my veins vibrating from head to foot. Or I can even say from my toe nails to my skull and brain!!! Such was the impact! Many children and adults avoid Dental Clinics because of their phobia on drills. They fear drilling!

Got my Wisdom Tooth pulled out!

I also remember when one of my wisdom tooth had to be pulled out. This time it was in Plamoodu, Trivandrum. But here, the impact was a lot better. The Doctor was really cool and he made me feel really comfortable. A true professional. He did use all the required tools in order to remove my tooth, but I didn’t feel any pain because he applied that gel and injected my mouth before the surgery. Yes, the dental works had to be done for the good of my teeth. So I can’t really say that they were bad. It’s the initial cleaning and drilling experience that I still can’t forget. Of course, I’m happy I got them done though.

Traditional Dentist’s Drill being replaced by ‘Plasma Jet’...

Good news for those of you who are still scared of the Dentist Drilling Machine and totally hates that drill! In few years time there will be a Plasma Jet, a pain-free device which will eradicate tooth decay even without any fillings. While drills are used to drill holes into your tooth, the Plasma Jet will be used to fire a plasma beam of oxygen atoms at low-temperature, which are electrically-charged, into your cavities at the dentine- the fibrous tooth structure below the enamel, thus reducing the bacteria which causes decay!

Plasma Jet Overcomes Dental Bugs!!

Dr Stefan Rupf, a Main Researcher from Saarland University in Homburg, said:
"The low temperature means they can kill the microbes while preserving the tooth. The dental pulp at the centre of the tooth, underneath the dentine, is linked to the blood supply and nerves and heat damage to it must be avoided at all costs."
German researchers have tested the use of Plasma Jet and were found to be successful on Streptococcus Mutans and Lactobacillus Casei which are common dental bugs. These bugs cause teeth enamel erosion and cavity causing dentines by leaving films on the teeth surface. So now you can all happily visit the Dentist without any Drill Phobia! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment